Spanish Residency Through the “Golden Visa”
The residency law – popularly known as “Golden Visa” passed by the government of Spain in September 2013, grants automatic Spanish residence to foreigners who invest 500.000 Euros or more in Spanish real estate. This is a unique opportunity for non-EU investors to obtain their Residence permit.
Bcn Advisors specializes in Luxury Real Estate for International Customers, Expats and Executives who are looking to buy or rent properties in the city of Barcelona or its surroundings. Our team is made up of real estate experts who, together with the international Law firms we recommend, are highly qualified to guide our customers throughout the Golden Visa application process.
- They will provide youwith comprehensive information regarding the process – including costs details and time involved-, as well as in-depth legal and tax advice.
- Whether you are looking to buy for investment or for personal purposes, we will be delighted to help you find your ideal property.
- Must be over 18.
- Hold no criminal record (in your country or in Spain).
- Have entered Spain legally.
- Provide proof of public or private Health insurance for Spain.
- Not have been refused to enter to any other Schengen country.
- Provide evidence of financial self-reliance and ability to support personal and family expenses.
- Hold a Spanish Registry of Property certificate in your name for a real estate property purchased for 500,000 € or more. Benefits
These are the new Golden Visa Residency permit benefits:
As most of you already know, Spain offers a unique way of life, full of colors and cultural richness. Our country is considered one of the best places in the world when it comes to high quality of life, amazing food, social entertainment and sunshine. Its excellent climate, culture, gastronomy and tourism make Spain a perfect place to live and invest in.
- Total freedom to move within the 26 European countries
- Right for your family (spouse and children under 18) to apply previously or simultaneously with the initial application.
- Right for your family (spouse and children under 18) to apply simultaneously with, or prior to? the initial application.
- Additional residence permission of 2 years, unlimitedly renewable every 2 years as long as the investment of 500,000 euros is maintained.
- Access to excellent education imparted by the network of International Schools in Spain
- Low rates of corporation tax, for smaller SMEs and Non- Resident companies are exempt, being subject only to tax.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it’s a legal option.
Can I invest in a commercial property?
Yes, there is no restriction on the type of property purchased.
Is the residence permission lost when the property is sold?
When the property that gave the buyer the right to a residence card is sold, the buyer will no longer be able to renew the permission when the first period of residence expires.
Can I obtain citizenship through this residence permit?
Yes, you can obtain citizenship as long as you can prove that you have lived in Spain permanently for more than 183 days per year for the minimum period necessary.
Yes, for all real estate purchases over 500,000 euros, it’s possible to access financing.
Must non-EU investors have medical insurance?
Yes, potential investors and their spouses and children under the age of 18 must prove that they have public or private health insurance with an entity authorised in Spain.
Will my children also have the right of residence?
Yes, residence will be granted to children under 18 years of age or disabled children.
Is my partner granted residence if we are not married?
The law uses the word “spouse” but it would surely also recognize the common-law couple duly registered in the origin country.
Contact Bcn Advisors
Our team of experts will attend you
Explain the reason for your inquiry and tell us all the details you can about your requirements and needs, in order to assist you in the most effective possible way.
- Monday to Friday 10:00-19:30