Visa Residency

Spanish Residency Through the “Golden Visa”

The residency law – popularly known as “Golden Visa” passed by the government of Spain in September 2013, grants automatic Spanish residence to foreigners who invest 500.000 Euros or more in Spanish real estate. This is a unique opportunity for non-EU investors to obtain their Residence permit.

Bcn Advisors specializes in Luxury Real Estate for International Customers, Expats and Executives who are looking to buy or rent properties in the city of Barcelona or its surroundings. Our team is made up of real estate experts who, together with the international Law firms we recommend, are highly qualified to guide our customers throughout the Golden Visa application process.

  • They will provide youwith comprehensive information regarding the process – including costs details and time involved-, as well as in-depth legal and tax advice.
  • Whether you are looking to buy for investment or for personal purposes, we will be delighted to help you find your ideal property.

requisitos para la visa residencyRequirements

  • Must be over 18.
  • Hold no criminal record (in your country or in Spain).
  • Have entered Spain legally.
  • Provide proof of public or private Health insurance for Spain.
  • Not have been refused entry to any other Schengen country.
  • Provide evidence of financiaself-reliance and ability to support personal and family expenses.
  • Hold a Spanish Registry of Property certificate in your name for a real estate property purchased for 500,000 € or more. Benefits
    As most of you already know Spain offers a unique way of life, full of colors and cultural richness. Our country is considered one of the best places in the world when it comes to high quality of life, amazing food, social entertainment, and sunshine. Its excellent climate, culture, and gastronomy, and its tourism make Spain a perfect place to live, and invest in.

beneficios visa residencyThese are the new Golden Visa Residency permit benefits:

  • Total freedom to move within the 26 European countries
  • Right to stay in Spain for a maximum period of 1 year (vs. 90 days), before renewing your permit
  • Right for your family (spouse and children under 18) to apply simultaneously with, or prior to? the initial application.
  • Right to renew your Visa residence for up to an additional 2 years, provided the basic requirements are met. This makes it easier to apply for permanent residence in the future.
  • Access to excellent education imparted by the network of International Schools in Spain
  • Low rates of corporation tax, for smaller SMEs and Non- Resident companies are exempt, being subject only to tax.

preguntas frecuentesPreguntas frecuentes

¿Se puede obtener el Visa Residency mediante la inversión y apertura de un negocio?
Sí, es una opción contemplada por la ley.

¿Puedo invertir en una propiedad comercial?
Sí, no existe restricción acerca del tipo de propiedad comprada.

¿Se pierde el permiso de residencia al vender la propiedad?
Cuando se venda la propiedad que daba al comprador el derecho de optar al permiso de residencia, el comprador ya no podrá optar a renovar el permiso cuando se venza el primer periodo de residencia.

¿Se puede obtener la ciudadanía a través de este permiso de residencia?
Sí, puede obtener la ciudadanía siempre y cuando el candidato pueda demostrar que ha residido en España de forma permanente durante más de 183 días al año durante el periodo mínimo necesario.

¿Es posible conseguir financiación?
Sí, para todas las compras inmobiliarias superiores a 500.000 euros, es posible acceder a financiación.

¿Los inversores extracomunitarios deben poseer un seguro médico?
Sí, los posibles inversores y sus cónyuges e hijos menores de 18 años deben demostrar que poseen un seguro médico público o privado con una entidad que esté autorizada en España.

¿Mis hijos también tendrán derecho a la residencia?
Sí, se les concederá la residencia a hijos menores de 18 años o discapacitados.

¿Se le otorga residencia a mi pareja si no estamos casados?
La ley utiliza la palabra “cónyuge” pero seguramente se reconocería también la pareja de hecho debidamente registrada en el país de origen.

Contact Bcn Advisors

Our team of experts will attend you

Explain the reason for your inquiry and tell us all the details you can about your requirements and needs, in order to assist you in the most effective way possible.


Business hours

  • Monday to friday de 10:00-19:30

Ask for information